2015 Biennium Unemployment Insurance Division Goals and Objectives
Goal #1: Strive to meet or exceed performance standards. Objective:
- 87% of first payments will be issued within 21 days after the compensable week begins.
- 86.7% of all intrastate first payments for full weeks will be issued within 21 days.
- 80% of separation and non ‐ separation determinations will be issued within 21 days of the detection date.
- 75% of separation and non ‐ separation determinations must achieve a quality score of greater than 80 points.
- No more than three tax functions may fail the Tax Performance Standards (TPS) review in a given year.
- No single tax function may fail the TPS review more than three consecutive years.
- 86.90% of new employer status determinations are made within 90 days of the end of the calendar quarter in which they became liable.
- 95% of employer reports are secured within 90 days of the date due.
- 95% of employer Unemployment Insurance (UI) contributions are deposited within one day of receipt.
- Pass federal audit performance criteria each year.
- Accounts receivable, as a percent of total tax due, is less than 2% (average)
- All contribution rates are assigned properly.
Goal #2: Continue to leverage and encourage use of technology. Objective:
- Design, develop and implement a modernized UI Tax System.
- Continue to encourage the use of Internet wage reporting system and employer registration and account access system.
- Continue to encourage the use of Internet claim filing system.
- Continue to keep relevant information on our UI web home page and continue to encourage claimants and employers to use this home page as a useful source.
- Continue to encourage usage of direct deposit of unemployment benefit checks.
Goal #3: Develop program efficiencies that improve service to customers and partners. Objective:
- Continue to develop and analyze processes to improve customer access.
- Conduct Assistance to Business Clinics each year to provide UI benefit and tax information to employers.
- Provide Rapid Response services to employers and employees when large layoffs occur.
- Continue to develop training and guides so that consistent information is provided to our customers.
Goal #4: Develop integrity strategies to prevent and detect improper benefit payments. Objective:
- Develop and implement an integrity plan each year.
- Continue to educate staff, employers, and claimants to assist in preventing improper benefit payments.
- Continue to improve upon policies and procedures to prevent, detect, and collect improper benefit payments.