What Do I Need to File?


Filing a claim can take more than an hour to complete. Your answers will be saved as you move through each section. At any time after you have started, you can click "Save and Exit" and your answers will be saved for 10 days. If you do not complete the claim within 10 days, your answers will be deleted and you will have to start over.

You will need the following information to file:

  • Dates of employment; and the business name, address, and phone number of all employers you have worked for in the last 18 months.

If you wish to receive your benefits via Direct Deposit:

  • Your account number and bank routing number for the account you want your benefits deposited in.

If you are an ex-military member:

  • A copy of your DD214, Member Copy 4 will need to be provided to our office.
  • You may file an unemployment claim after your discharge date on your DD214.

If you are a federal employee or were employed by the federal government within the last 18 months:

  • Your SF-8 or SF-50 may assist you in filing your claim

If you obtain work through a union:

  • The name and local number of your union hall

If you are not a U.S. Citizen:

  • Alien registration card number and expiration date